Wherever you’re from, you are part of a global Scouting community made up of 164 National Scout Organisations from 224 countries and territories around the world.
Encouraging our Members to make links with Scouts from all over the world is an important part of what we do, and we can provide many opportunities to connect internationally, from attending worldwide Jamborees at home or abroad to welcoming an international Scout Troop into your community.
If you need help with:
- Getting tips on planning a trip away
- Finding out about international opportunities
- Getting a wider understanding about some of the issues affecting the world
- Finding out about Scouting all over the world
- Taking up challenges that could see you travel around the globe
- Seeing what links we have all over the world to show you the full, global, Scouting experience
Either follow the links below or get in touch with your County International Adviser, Charlie Cumber at International@gln-scouts.org.uk
Providing young people with the opportunity to experience international travel is something that can be accessible through Scouting. Follow our Visits Abroad process to help you achieve successful trips. If you don’t want to organise your own trip, look out for opportunities to attend international events listed on the UK Website here
What support is available?
The costs involved in planning an international trip can seem daunting but there are a number of funds available to help support your plans. Equally, with an effective fundraising strategy, a significant amount of money can be raised from our community.