We’ve grouped together resources, information, and events about different programme areas to make it easy to find the tools you need:
Top Awards – Coming soon
Greater London North Scouts are proud to support Leaders to deliver a quality programme for our young people across the County.
The word ‘Programme’ in Scouting refers to the range of activities, challenges and experiences that young people experience in Scouting.
The Scouting Programme provides a structure of badges and awards, which are progressive through the sections, and based on a number of objectives. The objectives are based on Scouting’s Purpose to ‘actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society’.
The Scouting Programme for all five sections is based around three main themes: outdoor and adventure, world and skills. This programme of activities is planned by the leadership team in partnership with young people, and should incorporates elements from each theme, to offer young people the most interesting and diverse experience.
Scouting takes place when young people, in partnership with adults, work together based on the values of Scouting and:
This means that young people get to experience or take part in the following things as part of the programme:
• Enjoy what they are doing and have fun
• Having fun
• Meeting new people, making friends and developing relationships
• Take part in activities indoors and outdoors
• Undertake new and challenging activities
• Spending time outdoors
• Games – physical and adventurous activities
• Design and creativity
• Visits and visitors
• Camps, sleepovers, international trips and other residential experiences
• Learn by doing
• Take responsibility and make choices
• Working in small teams
• Trying new things, and learning new skills
• Teambuilding and leadership activities
• Taking responsibility, giving ideas and opinions, making choices and decisions
• Share in spiritual reflection
• Make and live by their Promise
• Spiritual reflection
• Finding out about themselves
• Community action
• Keeping the Promise
Find out more about how to deliver a quality programme on The Scouts website.