Up and Running is a focused day of learning covering four adult training modules. For convenience it is divided into two parts. You can join us for the morning, afternoon, or full day. (Please note you cannot join us for just one module). Refreshments are supplied and if you are joining us for the day, please bring your own lunch.
Supporting Young People -Aim
To enable adult volunteers working with young people, to understand and meet their needs.
- Characteristics and development of young people
- External influences on young people
- Creating a supportive environment for young people
- Responding to issues affecting young people
Change of role
Revalidation of this module is required when changing sections or changing from a Supporter role to a Leader role.
Please refer to page 62 Adult Personal File.
Promoting Positive Behaviour -Aim
To enable adult volunteers to proactively promote positive behaviour and appropriately manage challenging behaviour in their section.
- Defining challenging behaviour
- Planning for positive behaviour; principles and strategies
- Responding to challenging behaviour
- Additional help and support for challenging behaviour
Change of role
Revalidation of this module is required when changing sections or changing from a Supporter role to a Leader role
Please refer to page 65 Adult Personal File.
Joining Information will be emailed to you at least 24 hours before the session. Please look out for it – it may be in your spam folder!
Scout Park Training Centre, Gordon Road N11 2PB
Book your course online...
Unfortunately this course has already taken place. Please view our full training calendar to find alternative course dates.