The County census return has now been completed and shows that everybody’s hard work over the last year has resulted in a 7.1% growth since January 2011. Overall membership now stands at 6,036, with a number of signficant highlights:
- County membership up 20.6% since January 2007 (duration of County Development Project) – membership in January 2007 was 5,005.
- 5.7% growth in Cub section – against the national trend
- 19.3% increase in Explorer Scouts since January 2011
- 3.5% increase in adult volunteers
- Over 1,000 female youth members