County AGM 2013
TUESDAY 7 MAY 2013 at 7.30pm
QUEEN ELIZABETH’S (BOYS) SCHOOL
QUEEN’S ROAD, BARNET, HERTS EN5 4DQ
This message plus the following documents on the website make up a formal Calling Notice for the AGM.
- An Agenda for the meeting – download GLN AGM 2013 Agenda
- The Minutes of last year’s AGM – download GLN AGM 2012 Minutes
- The formal Trustees Report- download GLN Trustees Report 2012
- Financial Statements for year ended 31 December 2012 – download Statement of Financial Activities 2012
A limited number of paper copies will be available at the meeting but you are advised to download and print them out now if you want to study them at your leisure.
There are two aspects of the AGM where you are entitled to contribute before the meeting:
- 9 County-level officers are elected or appointed at the AGM (Treasurer; Secretary; 4 Members of the Executive Committee; Nominated Member and Nominated Youth Member to represent GLN on the Scout Association’s Council; and the Independent Examiner). The names of the current office holders are listed in last year’s Minutes. You are entitled to nominate candidates but, before doing so, should consider very carefully whether they have the personal and professional skills and qualifications, and the time, to undertake the roles efficiently and effectively. You obviously need their permission to put their name forward; and should consult the County Commissioner as well since the officials are there to support him and he needs to be happy he can work with them. Nominations should be sent to the County Secretary by letter or e-mail, and arrive by Friday 26 April at the latest
(firstname.lastname@example.org or 44 Leasway, Wickford, Essex SS12 0HE).
- The Trustees Report & Financial Statements is in a format laid down by law and is not always easy reading for non-accountants. It does, however, cover matters that are very important to the delivery of better Scouting to more young people in North London. If you have questions you wish to ask or suggestions to make, it would be helpful for them to be registered with the County Treasurer well before the meeting so that, if appropriate, what might be a lengthy answer to a complex matter can be provided without taking up too much time on the night
(email@example.com or 109 Derwent Road, Palmers Green N13 4QA).